- Eastern Group Publications - http://egpnews.com -
Reyes Announces Reward in Highland Park Teen Shooting
Posted By Editor On March 10, 2011 @ 5:10 pm In City of Los Angeles,Cypress Park,Eagle Rock,El Sereno,Glassell Park,Hermon,Highland Park,News Briefs,Northeast Los Angeles | No Comments
A $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of the suspects responsible for gunning down a high school teen in Highland Park, Councilman Ed Reyes announced last week.
The shooting occurred on April 28, 2010 just after 4 p.m., on the sidewalk outside an apartment building in the 300 block of North Avenue 57.
Jonathan Val, 17, was standing in front of the apartment building when he was approached by three male Hispanics, according to police.
The front passenger of the vehicle fired numerous rounds at Jonathan, whom police said was mistaken for a rival gang member. Jonathan was hit twice, in the front neck area and back right thigh, before he fled on foot and collapsed on the street, police said. Jonathan was taken to Huntington Memorial Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
“I urge anyone with any information about this vicious crime to please come forward,” said Reyes. “Please give Jonathan’s family and friends some peace of mind so they can begin the long, painful journey of healing.”
Anyone with information regarding these incidents is asked to call Northeast Homicide Detectives L. Governo or J. Carrillo (213) 847-4261, or 1-877-LAPD-24-7. Anyone wishing to remain anonymous should call Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (800-222-8477).
Article printed from Eastern Group Publications: http://egpnews.com
URL to article: http://egpnews.com/2011/03/reyes-announces-reward-in-highland-park-teen-shooting/
Copyright © 2014 Eastern Group Publications, Inc. 5/09 All rights reserved.