- Eastern Group Publications - http://egpnews.com -
Lincoln High Alumni Have Big Plans for School’s Athletic Field
Posted By admin On October 13, 2011 @ 10:40 am In General News,Lincoln Heights,Northeast Los Angeles,Sports | No Comments
Lincoln High School’s 1st Annual Kenny Washington Memorial Game held Oct. 7 marked the start of a four-year campaign to complete the first phase of renovations to the school’s football field.
The event was organized by the Kenny Washington Stadium Foundation, named in honor of Kenneth S. “Kingfish” Washington, a former football player who played for the school located in Lincoln Heights in Northeast Los Angeles during the 1930s, and went on to be one of the first African-Americans to play in the National Football League, NFL.
Plans for the renovation include:
- Installation of an artificial playing surface on the Football/Soccer field
- Renovation of the school athletic track
- Installation of a video-capable scoreboard
- Installation of a bronze statue of Kenny Washington
- Redesign and rebuilding of school stadium seating and press box construction
Once that work is completed, the foundation wants to be the caretaker and facilitator of community-based sports events at the new sports complex. For more information visit www.kswfoundation.org
Article printed from Eastern Group Publications: http://egpnews.com
URL to article: http://egpnews.com/2011/10/lincoln-high-alumni-have-big-plans-for-school%e2%80%99s-athletic-field/
Copyright © 2009 Eastern Group Publications, Inc. 5/09 All rights reserved.