Chemical Overheats at City of Commerce Warehouse

By City News Service

(CNS) – A 250-gallon container filled with a chemical overheated at a Commerce warehouse Wednesday, but firefighters hosed it down to keep it cool, authorities said.

Firefighters were called to the warehouse in the 5500 block of Slauson Avenue around 2:45 a.m., said Robert Diaz, a Los Angeles County Fire Department dispatcher.

“They just had to cool the container with some hose lines,” Diaz said.

He did not know what kind of chemical was in the container or the type of business where it was housed. Firefighters left the scene shortly before 5 a.m., he said.

Print This Post Print This Post

September 27, 2012  Copyright © 2012 Eastern Group Publications, Inc.

Comments

Comments are intended to further discussion on the article topic. EGPNews reserves the right to not publish, edit or remove comments that contain vulgarities, foul language, personal attacks, racists, sexist, homophobic or other offensive terminology or that contain solicitations, spam, or that threaten harm of any sort. EGPNews will not approve comments that call for or applaud the death, injury or illness of any person, regardless of their public status. Questions regarding this policy should be e-mailed to service@egpnews.com.





 characters available

Copyright © 2014 Eastern Group Publications, Inc. ·