(CNS) – A 250-gallon container filled with a chemical overheated at a Commerce warehouse Wednesday, but firefighters hosed it down to keep it cool, authorities said.
Firefighters were called to the warehouse in the 5500 block of Slauson Avenue around 2:45 a.m., said Robert Diaz, a Los Angeles County Fire Department dispatcher.
“They just had to cool the container with some hose lines,” Diaz said.
He did not know what kind of chemical was in the container or the type of business where it was housed. Firefighters left the scene shortly before 5 a.m., he said.