- Eastern Group Publications - http://egpnews.com -
St. Patrick’s Day DUI Checkpoints Starting Early in East LA
Posted By Editor On March 15, 2013 @ 1:45 pm In Bell Gardens,Boyle Heights,City of Commerce,City of Los Angeles,City Terrace,County of Los Angeles,East Los Angeles (LA City),East Los Angeles (Unincorp.),News Briefs,Northeast Los Angeles | No Comments
In preparation for this weekend’s planned St. Patrick’s Day celebrations, law enforcement official have announced that they will be out in force looking to arrest impaired drivers, and will set up DUI/driver’s license checkpoints across the region, including East Los Angeles and Hollywood.
While technically St. Patrick’s Day is not until Sunday, the celebrations that traditionally include large parties and promotions at restaurants and bars that sell alcohol are expected to get underway as early as today.
On Saturday, a DUI/license checkpoint will be set up in East Los Angeles on Whittier Boulevard, just west of Hoefner Avenue, from 7:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m, according to the CHP.
The Los Angeles Police Department, however, will step up its DUI enforcement period starting Friday, with locations changing throughout the weekend.
Tonight’s DUI stops include the following locations, all beginning at 8 p.m. and continuing until 2 a.m.:
– West Los Angeles, Santa Monica Boulevard at Carmelina Avenue;– North Hollywood, Victory Boulevard at Bellingham Avenue;
– Los Angeles, Florence Avenue and Broadway; and
– Hollywood, Highland Avenue and DeLongpre Avenue.
Saturday night’s checkpoints include:
– Los Angeles, Imperial Highway and Main Street, 6 p.m. to midnight; and
– Sun Valley, Van Nuys Boulevard and Amboy Avenue, 8 p.m. to 2 a.m.
– CHP in Woodland Hills on Canoga Avenure south of Califa 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
Sunday night’s saturation patrols will cover the following LAPD division areas:
– Hollenbeck and Newton Divisions, 2 p.m to 10 p.m.;
– North Hollywood Division, 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.;
– 77th Street Division, 5 p.m. to 1 a.m.;
– Hollywood Division, 7 p.m. to 3 a.m.
Checkpoints will be staffed by officers trained to detect alcohol and impaired drivers, according to the police agencies.
Motorists who are found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs can expect to be arrested, according to the CHP. Those individuals found to be driving without a valid license will be cited and their vehicles may be impounded.
Article printed from Eastern Group Publications: http://egpnews.com
URL to article: http://egpnews.com/2013/03/st-patrick%e2%80%99s-day-dui-checkpoints-starting-early-in-east-la/
Copyright © 2013 Eastern Group Publications, Inc. 5/09 All rights reserved.