SWAT Responds to Barricaded Suspects, Finds House Empty

By City News Service

SWAT officers surrounded a Boyle Heights house where three armed men were supposedly barricaded inside, but found no one there as they entered the residence on Sunday.

The SWAT team entered the home at 2537 Fairmont St. about 11:15 a.m., said Los Angeles police officer Rosario Herrera.

The suspects had been attending a house party at 2537 Fairmont St. when a fight started, said a watch commander at the Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollenbeck station.

The trio left the Fairmont Avenue home and then returned with guns, eventually barricading themselves inside, she said.

Police were notified of the invasion about 3 a.m, she said, and the suspects had been holed up inside the residence. No injuries were reported.

The neighborhood that was affected is one block east of Soto Street and just south of Wabash Avenue, about two miles east of City Hall.

 

Print This Post Print This Post

September 12, 2013  Copyright © 2012 Eastern Group Publications, Inc.

Comments

Comments are intended to further discussion on the article topic. EGPNews reserves the right to not publish, edit or remove comments that contain vulgarities, foul language, personal attacks, racists, sexist, homophobic or other offensive terminology or that contain solicitations, spam, or that threaten harm of any sort. EGPNews will not approve comments that call for or applaud the death, injury or illness of any person, regardless of their public status. Questions regarding this policy should be e-mailed to service@egpnews.com.





 characters available

Copyright © 2014 Eastern Group Publications, Inc. ·