Walmart Now Hiring for New South Gate Store

By EGP Staff Report

A new Walmart Supercenter scheduled to open this spring in South Gate will hire as many as 250 workers at the location, the company said Monday.

A temporary hiring center has been opened at 7503 Atlantic Ave., Suite G, about one mile north of the new store at the Azalea Shopping Center in Southeast Los Angeles County, according to Walmart.

Prospective employees fill out online appliacations for positions at Walmart. (Walmart)

“We’re glad to hear that the hiring of hundreds has begun and we look forward to the grand opening of the South Gate Walmart Supercenter,” said South Gate Mayor Gil Hurtado.

This store will anchor the new Azalea Shopping Center in Southeast Los Angeles County, and “help provide critically needed jobs and generate tax dollars furthering the revitalization efforts along the Firestone Boulevard Corridor,” Hurtado said. “This shopping center reflects what the community asked for: good jobs and convenient shopping opportunities in their own backyard.”

Walmart said interested job seekers can fill out applications in person at the hiring center or online at http://careers.walmart.com. The hiring center will open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Walmart is hiring both full- and part-time associates, and most will start working March to help for its grand opening, according to the company.

“I’m excited to reach out to the community and meet people who are eager to join our team at this new store,” said Fernando Reyes, South Gate Walmart store manager. “The South Gate store will offer the community a convenient one-stop-shopping option for affordable every day goods and a great selection of fresh, healthy grocery options.”

Walmart, which in recent months has come under increasing attacks from labor unions and other groups demanding higher wages and benefits and who are attempting to unionize the retailer, operates 45 stores and employs more than 14,000 associates in Los Angeles County.

In a statement released Monday, Walmart said “the average hourly pay for full-time associates in California is $13.08 and the majority of the retailer’s 81,000 associates in the state are full-time.”

Walmart further stated the company, through its “Veterans Welcome Home Commitment,” will offer a job to any qualified veteran who has been honorably discharged within the past 12 months.

Veterans interested in learning more about the program should go to http://walmartcareerswithamission.com.

January 23, 2014  Copyright © 2012 Eastern Group Publications, Inc.

Comments

15 Responses to “Walmart Now Hiring for New South Gate Store”

1. emily murillo on March 8th, 2014 5:41 pm

I’m interested in the job for Walmart

2. Paul Holguin on March 10th, 2014 12:28 pm

I wanted a full time job like for a while now so close andsomething like to do people work hard and be a steady pace worker.

3. jeanette rodriguwz on March 12th, 2014 9:56 pm

I would like to work at walmart becouse i shop there an will like to work with the public to an like to do sales to thanks.

4. Lourdes Plata on March 15th, 2014 5:05 pm

I have over 5 years customer service experience I have work for a smart and final grocery store managing produce and cashier. I’m very inerestest in a position at Walmart the new location on Atlantic and Firestone is in a walking distance for me it would be a great opportunity. Thank you for taking time to read my massage.

5. David Ramos on March 24th, 2014 5:31 pm

I’m interested in the job for walmart

6. Jacqueline Gonzalez on April 4th, 2014 2:30 am

I’m interested in the job Walmart

7. michelle on April 10th, 2014 10:37 am

There goes the neighborhood… Where ever a WalMart opens all mom and pop shops suffer. So think about all the people that will be losing jobs thanks to WalMart ;) another corporate America “success” story.

8. jesus galindo on April 27th, 2014 6:53 pm

Hi my name is jesus galindo I would love to work at walmart ,I have 11 yrs experience in merchandiesing I worked for several different stores like smart & final toys r us superior market jetro cash & carry . I would love to work ur store I feel that I can bring alot to the table plus I feel that I can better my skills with your company thank you . P.s. I am a team player im dependable reliable and im am aswell as competative I have ordering skills and I am bilingual

9. Cecilia on May 2nd, 2014 10:28 pm

Need to find a job to get back to work. I read that Walmart has no problem hiring ppl with disabilities. I also want to get back to work because I am eager tp get back to work after six year jobless drought.

10. jazmin miranda on July 30th, 2014 12:53 am

Hi my name is jazmin miranda i am 25 yrs old i have 5yrs of experience working in big markets . I know jr clerk, cashiering, porter i am Bilingual ,fast learner, Dependable , Team player . Please i am very interested in working at walt mart i do want to work full time holidays included and weekends if i can im open to any new opportunity

Thanks for having the time to read this
    have a great day

11. Iresa on August 31st, 2014 4:11 am

I would love to work for Walmart it would nr a.pleasure

12. Sean Thompson on September 8th, 2014 11:46 pm

I am really interested in securing employment with the Walmart/Sam’s Club in Southgate California. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you.

13. Editor on September 11th, 2014 3:41 pm

We do not do the hiring- you have to contact them directly.

14. Sandra Martinez on October 1st, 2014 9:57 am

Hi my name is Sandra Martinez I’m intersted in working for Walmart grave yard shift. I’m bilingual, I work at a fast pace, I’m very responsible when it comes to my job duties. I lived five minutes away from Walmart , in the Azalea shopping center and I love the store and would enjoy working for Walmart. I have work as Sales Associate, and also in a warehouse. I know how to provide excellent customer services by listening to customers.

15. Juan Figueroa on October 9th, 2014 9:18 am

I am very interested in working for Walmart