Search Continues for Gunman in Drive-By Shooting

March 16, 2017 by · Leave a Comment 

LOS ANGELES  – Police searched Tuesday for a gunman involved in a drive-by shooting that wounded a 17-year-old boy in the Sanford neighborhood of Los Angeles south of Boyle Heights.

The shooting was reported around 11:10 p.m. Monday near the intersection of Whittier Boulevard and South Indiana Street, said Officer Liliana Preciado of the Los Angeles Police Department’s Media Relations Division. The teen was taken to a hospital, where he was in stable condition, she said.

A description of the car or the suspect was not immediately available.

The shooting was believed to be gang-related, Preciado said.

 

 

Man Wounded in Drive-By Shooting

April 28, 2016 by · Leave a Comment 

A 33-year-old man was walking down a street in Boyle Heights when he was wounded in a drive-by shooting, and the gunman remains at large, police said Wednesday.

The shooting took place in the 3100 block of Lanfranco Street about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, according to Sgt. Miguel Lopez, the watch commander at the Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollenbeck Division.

“The victim was walking down the street and four gunshots were fired,” Lopez said. “The victim was hit once in the calf.”

The man was transported by city fire paramedics to a hospital for treatment of his non-life-threatening wound.

“So far, we don’t have any suspect description,” Lopez said early this morning.

A motive for the shooting was unknown. There’s no word yet on whether the shooting was gang-related.

Anyone with information on this shooting was asked to call the LAPD’s Hollenbeck Division at (323) 342-4100. Tipsters can also call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS. All tips can be submitted anonymously.

Boyle Heights; Man Wounded in a Drive-by Shooting

April 27, 2016 by · 1 Comment 

A 33-year-old man was walking down a street in Boyle Heights when he was wounded in a drive-by shooting, and the gunman
remains at large this morning, police said.
The shooting took place in the 3100 block of Lanfranco Street about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday, according to Sgt. Miguel Lopez, the watch commander at the Los Angeles Police Department’s Hollenbeck Division.
“The victim was walking down the street and four gunshots were fired,” Lopez said. “The victim was hit once in the calf.”
The man was transported by city fire paramedics to a hospital for treatment of his non-life-threatening wound.
“So far, we don’t have any suspect description,” Lopez said early this morning.
A motive for the shooting was unknown. There’s no word yet on whether the shooting was gang-related.
Anyone with information on this shooting was asked to call the LAPD’s Hollenbeck Division at (323) 342-4100. Tipsters can also call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS. All tips can be submitted anonymously.

Motorists Shot Dead In Boyle Heights

January 21, 2016 by · Leave a Comment 

A man who was fatally shot while driving an SUV in Boyle Heights was identified Tuesday, and authorities continued their search for his killer.

The shooting occurred about 4 p.m. Monday at Second and St. Louis streets.
Roberto Gutierrez, 37, of Rancho Cucamonga, died at the scene, said coroner’s Assistant Chief Ed Winter.

There were no arrests.

Police asked anyone with information on the shooting to call homicide detectives at (323) 342-8900.

Copyright © 2017 Eastern Group Publications/EGPNews, Inc. ·