Man Convicted of Kidnapping, Making Death Threat Against Ex-Girlfriend

September 7, 2017 by · Leave a Comment 

ALHAMBRA – An East Los Angeles man was convicted Sept. 1 of forcing a former girlfriend into a car in Duarte, attacking her and threatening to kill her.

Alberto Casillas, 38, was found guilty of one felony count each of kidnapping, injuring an ex-girlfriend and making criminal threats, according to Deputy District Attorney Yoobin Kang Hernandez.

Casillas went to his former girlfriend’s home May 3, forced her into his vehicle and threatened to hurt her if she got out, the prosecutor said.

He then drove the woman to his home, where officers found the victim in the driveway with injuries to her body, according to witness testimony.

Casillas was arrested that day by Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies and has remained in jail since then. He is due back in an Alhambra courtroom for sentencing Sept. 28, when he is facing up to 24 years and four months in state prison, according to the District Attorney’s Office.

Man Convicted of Kidnapping, Making Death Threat Against Ex- Girlfriend

September 1, 2017 by · Leave a Comment 

An East Los Angeles man was convicted Sept. 1 of forcing a former girlfriend into a car in Duarte, attacking her and threatening to kill her.

Alberto Casillas, 38, was found guilty of one felony count each of kidnapping, injuring an ex-girlfriend and making criminal threats, according to Deputy District Attorney Yoobin Kang Hernandez.

Casillas went to his former girlfriend’s home May 3, forced her into his vehicle and threatened to hurt if she got out, the prosecutor said.

He then drove the woman to his home, where officers found the victim in the driveway with injuries to her body, according to witness testimony.

Casillas was arrested that day by Los Angeles County sheriff’s deputies and has remained in jail since then.

He is due back in an Alhambra courtroom for sentencing Sept. 28, when he is facing up to 24 years and four months in state prison, according to the District Attorney’s Office.

BREAKING: Amber Alert Issued in Alleged Boyle Heights Kidnapping

May 23, 2014 by · Leave a Comment 

A man allegedly kidnapped his 2-year-old biological son today in Boyle Heights and drove off in the child’s mother’s vehicle, police said.

Abraham Vargas, 27, is believed driving an Orange Nissan Quest, license number 7CIN189. The car has tinted windows, with damage on the driver’s said Los Angeles Police Officer Norma Eisenman.

The child’s mother—Vargas’s former girlfriend—had obtained a restraining order against him, Eisenman said.

The crime occurred about 6:30 a.m. in the 1000 block of Lorena Street, Eisenman said. Vargas is Hispanic and weighs about 180 pounds. He was wearing a red sweatshirt and blue jeans.

His son, identified as Edwin Vargas, is Hispanic, and was wearing a red sweatshirt and blue sweat pants.

Anyone seeing them was urged to call 911, Eisenman said.

Copyright © 2017 Eastern Group Publications/EGPNews, Inc. ·